FLOWER DELIVERY MINISTRY
HTLC Flower Delivery Ministry Plan – 2018
A chart with names of people to whom flowers will be delivered will be placed in a convenient location. The chart covers 2 months at a time. The delivery team ideally would consist of 8 to 9 people who work in groups of 2. Each group of 2 would be responsible for delivering flowers a certain Sunday each month.
· Ask the flower donors whether they want the flowers. If the donors take the flowers, there are no deliveries that Sunday.
· Visiting with the shut in person is part of the ministry. The visit time, of course, might vary depending on the situation.
· On a given Sunday, the assigned team members check off the names of the persons receiving flowers that day and the date. The goal is to deliver flowers to everyone on the list before repeating the list.
· Also, check with the pastor in case someone else might be “higher” on the list to receive flowers (i.e., someone admitted to the hospital). If so, add that person’s name to the bottom of the list and note that flowers were delivered to them and the date.
· Call the person before making the delivery. An exception might be if the person is difficult to contact – in a health center at a retirement community, for example.
Thank you to Ann Buff, Laura Alexander’s mother, for sharing her church’s plan for delivering flowers. It is greatly appreciated. Contact Anne Brashear (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the church office if interested.
The Flower Delivery Ministry would like to thank Sarah Wardrop for being on this team. However, she will be moving out of state shortly. Therefore, we are in need of an additional person to help deliver altar flowers to homebound members. Please contact Anne Brashear (email@example.com; 919-929-4014) if you are interested in helping with this wonderful ministry.